Point-of-Use Electric Tank Water Heater
- 1. The Inner Tank - If the inner tank leaks within six (6) years from the date of original installation of the water heater, because of a defect in material or workmanship, Bosch Thermotechnology Corp. will furnish to such Owner a new heater of the then prevailing comparable model.
- Any Component Other than The Inner Tank - If any other component part (other than the inner tank) proves to be defective in material or workmanship within one (1) year from the date of original installation of the water heater, Bosch Thermotechnology Corp. will furnish the Owner with a replacement of the defective part(s).
- Verification of Date of Original Installation - When Owner cannot verify or document the original date of installation, the warranty period begins on the date of manufacture marked on the tag affixed to the water heater.
- This Limited Warranty shall be the exclusive warranty made by the Manufacturer and is made in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied (whether written or oral), including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- Manufacturer shall not be liable for any incidental, consequential, special or contingent damages or expenses arising, directly or indirectly, from any defect in the water heater or the use of the water heater.
- Manufacturer shall not be liable for any water damage arising, directly or indirectly, from any defect in the water heater component part(s) or from its use.
- Manufacturer shall not be liable under this warranty if:
- The water heater or any of its component parts has been subject to misuse, alteration, neglect or accident, or
- The water heater has not been installed in accordance with the applicable local plumbing and/or building code(s) and/or regulation(s), or
- The water heater has not been installed in accordance with the printed manufacturer's instructions, or
- The water heater is not continuously supplied with potable water.
- The Owner and not the Manufacturer or his representative shall be liable for and shall pay for all field charges for labor or other expenses incurred in the removal and/or repair of the product or any expense incurred by the Owner in order to repair the product. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.
Important: Owner shall keep this certificate.
Note: A water heater should be installed in such a manner that if it should leak, the resulting flow of water will not cause damage to the area in which it is installed.
How the Owner can secure service or make a claim
- Owner should contact the dealer who sold the water heater covered by this warranty or
- Owner should submit the warranty claim directly to Bosch Thermotechnology Corp. at the address listed below, and they will arrange for the handling of the claim.
- Whenever any inquiry or service request is made, be sure to include the water heater model number, the date of manufacture, date of installation, Dealer's name, and the watts and voltage.
- When returning the water heater or component part(s), they must be individually tagged and identified with the Returned Goods Authorization # issued by Bosch Thermotechnology Corp. and shipped prepaid to Bosch Thermotechnology Corp. at the address below.
Bosch Thermotechnology Corp.
50 Wentworth Avenue
Londonderry, NH 03053